Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Blogus Interruptus


I'm beat, folks. The orcs have stormed the walls. As depicted above, the giant got a good shot on me with the old club. The giant's name? Life. T'is the season for me to get outflanked by, well, everything. It always seems to happen around my birthday (coming up this weekend). I've got a lot of iron in the old forge fire these days, and I've finally reached the breaking point. The anvil has cracked, and I'm searching for a new one. Until I find a new one, things will have to be sacrificed. The first victim, unfortunately, is the blog.

I will post when I can, folks. I can promise no more. I hope you'll stick around. Once the current assault on my free time abates and the smoke clears, I am planning on returning to a more regular posting schedule. I know there's a couple of trolls currently wandering the gaming blogosphere who are giving people grief for not posting as much as they used to. They can piss off. Real life trumps all, if you're a sane adult.

I have to prioritize even more these days. Since I started this blog, I've promised myself that actual gaming would always trump blogging about gaming. With my limited time getting even more, er, limited, I'm transferring all remaining time to the table-top. My prayer is that things won't get even more limited, and therefore cause me to suspend even my gaming activities.

I give you my promise that the blogging fire is still strong, but time is not a luxury right now. So, I'll be focusing on rolling the sacred polyhedrals. Again, if time permits, I'll be posting here and there for the rest of the year. Once things alleviate, I'll pick up the pace. In the meantime, I hope you'll stick around for what is sure to come.

Until then, happy gaming!

4 comments:

  1. Drance, sometimes life just . . . SUCKS!

    Speaking for myself -- and possibly some others -- I'll be here, waiting.

    Hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Focus on what's important Drance and come back to blogging when life permits. In the meantime I hope things fall into place for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, fellow gamers, it's good to hear from you. Especially you, Dave. Hope all is well with you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not going anywhere -- I totally get it, and I'll be here reading when you come back. Hope you have a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete